Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

April Raining

April Raining

It is three in the morning


Rain has been falling for hours
Thunder seizes my ears so loud
I cover my ears tightly
I must not let the rain inside my ears

It has been a wet, moist,
enriching April
My children love playing in the rain
Water is healing I am told
They are drenched complete
This rain breaks records
just like the one before it
I hear about it year after year
Record numbers

Puddles pile up one , two, three and even more
Pellets of rain overwhelm us-my daughters and I
This rain had a persistant toxic sting
as it pounds harshly through our cloths
Our skin is damp and moist

but no one seems to notice
My youngest child is numb from the cold,

speechless

Roads break up and disappear
My car's engine stalls,
flooded from the rain
I have to find other ways
hidden ways
secret ways
all for a cure

In my world of children
Autism is the rain
The numbers continue to climb
April rains and numbers surround us even in May


April is Autism Awareness Month
but the trigger was a toxic vaccine.
Angela May 2008

No comments: