Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Walking on Water-Poem

Walking On Water


She arrived in the world early
but on time for me
What a place she has found in life

Today she wears a swimming cap for comfort
it has to be soft pink for my
cinderella princess

My daughter flaps her hands
when the congregation sings
"Too Loud" is said uncomfortably
from her lips a pronouced frown appears
Hands held over the ears ever so tightly
I hold her close
and I kiss the top of her head
and pray for relief

On another day
My daughter spins endlessly
Head tilted up toward the sky
while other children play nearby
She loves the feel of fresh grass
under her feet
or so I believe

Yet another day:My daughter enjoys "solitary" play
while other children play games
My daughter stays silent
while other children spout shakesphere

My daughter walks on tiptoes
instead of water



Is it so difficult to walk on water?
I believe my daughter knows.


My daughter had a vaccine reaction
while the medical establishment

looked away in their "autistic " fashion
How can they be so unaware?

My eyes are set straight ahead
with determination and love
flowing through my veins


My child has been a wonderful teacher
But I want a different classrom
I want her to teach a different way
Anyone else wish for a transfer?


Angela Utley

No comments: